Get a Grip this Winter
Make sure your car is under control even on the worst roads with new Blizzak Tires. Use the tire selector to find a Blizzak that’s right for your vehicle.
The Bridgestone® Blizzak™ ice and snow tire is truly unique, thanks to its patented Multicell® tread compound, available only in the Blizzak.
The Multicell® Compound
- The Multicell compound contains thousands of microscopic cells, or pores, which resemble Swiss cheese when examined through a microscope.
- As the Blizzak wears, the pores are exposed and create thousands of biting edges that grip the road.
- In addition to the biting action, the pores help remove the thin layer of surface water, which often develops on top of icy roads, allowing the biting edges to adhere to the surface with less interference. The result is greater driving and braking force on ice and snow-covered surfaces.
- The pores are distributed throughout the Multicell compound so as the tire wears, new pores are constantly being exposed along the tire tread surface.
Other Blizzak™ Facts
- The Blizzak is a studless winter tire that was developed due to environmental concerns over studded winter tires.
- Blizzak tires with Multicell copounding are “dual compound” (cap and base) tires. The cap features the Multicell compound, and the base is comprised of a winter compound, allowing continued use as a winter tire after exhausting the Multicell compound. When the Blizzak is 50 percent worn, a snow platform in the tread pattern lets the motorist know that only ten percent of the remaining tread is the Multicell compound.
- As with any purpose-built winter tire, the Blizzak should be used only during the winter season to maximize its life span. The motorist should utilize conventional tires during the other seasons.
- Note: The Blizzak DM-Z3, DM-V1, WS60, WS70, W965 and MZ-03 contain Multicell compound. The Blizzak LM-25, LM-25 4x4, LM-50 RFT and the LM-60do not contain Multicell compound, but instead utilize a conventional winter driving compound.
Winter Driving Tips
For more information about how to prepare and stay safe while on the road read our Winter Driving Tips.